Before Sean came along, we were the kind of people who are sickeningly stupid-crazy about their dog. At parties we enjoyed telling stories about amusing things our dog did and we always had to hurry to get home to the dog. No child was ever more high-maintenance than our dog. When we travelled, we hired a pet sitter or sometimes MeMaw was nice enough to keep Cooper Ann because boarding her like some animal was out of the question. Because she was a princess, Cooper Ann’s caretaker had to have a primer on her care and feeding.
Thank you for keeping our precious baby Cooper Ann while we are away. Here are a few things you must know about her:
– She likes to get up early and get in bed with you. She will prefer your pillow. Be sure to rub her tummy (clockwise).
– When she is ready to get up, make sure she goes tee-tee before you feed her.
– Give her dry food with 1 and ½ tablespoons of canned food on top. She will turn her nose up at this.
– Then you may give her the egg that George made you for breakfast.
– After breakfast turn on the Today show for her. She likes Matt.
– She requires two walks a day, morning and late afternoon.
– She may have a treat after she goes poo poo.
– Leave the drapes open so that she can see out.
– Don’t shut the bathroom door. She doesn’t like a closed door.
– If she seems bored, take her for a ride in the car. If that doesn’t work, she will enjoy a trip to PetCo.
– Tell her Mommy and Daddy love her and will be back soon.
– Listed below is our hotel number, our cell phone numbers, our work numbers, our vet’s number, my parent’s numbers and my neighbor’s numbers who know our vet’s number. We will call several times a day to check on her.
She is very very special to us, so please don’t let her out of your sight. We cannot replace her.
You might think we would be even more sickeningly stupid-crazy about our kid, but no, we are not. We are now very tired.
Thank you for keeping Sean while we’re gone. We’ll be back one of these days. Don’t call us unless there is blood. You still got the vet’s number? That’ll work.
Maybe we should have had the kid first.